Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > General Specs and Technical Details
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Airbag safety sticker on sun visor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airbag safety sticker on sun visor
    Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 6:43pm
The front passenger visor has airbag safety stickers on the front and even when it's folded on the back too, hence this warning is visible at all times. It's colors kindda catches the corner of my eye and irritates me so I have tried to peel off the one visible side but it's not just a normal stick -on , I have been contemplating cutting an exact sized carbon textured vinyl to cover it up, any ideas what else I can cover it with? Any smart small appliances would also be nice too.

PS: I have read that this warning sticker is not required by law to remain there , except when the vehicle came out the factory.
2014 Pearl black Acenta premium 1.5 DCI , Connect and Safety pack. 14/03/2014
gerry123 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerry123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 7:54pm
have you tried a hair dryer on it?

see if that helps to remove the sticker
Kenobi View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 10:59pm
Will do, thanks for the tip.

anth View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 3:04pm
Yupo second vote for a hairdryer.... you could try a heat gun, but that might not end well Exclamation the sticker would be gone, but so might the sun visor
SplanK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SplanK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 5:47pm
Had a look at mine before, it looks like its printed on directly onto the visor rather than a sticker.

No amount of heat will remove it... well... unless you melt the plastic that is!
2014 Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T Tekna
2012 Micra 1.2 DIG-S Acenta
anth View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 7:14pm
Thats crap. I'll be getting the crayola out when our qq arrives then.
bejayar View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bejayar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 5:32pm
I, too, was annoyed to find that these "stickers" are apparently not removable, and raised this with the dealer who supplied my new Qashqai on 1st Sept. They confirmed that they're permanently bonded to the visor and definitely not removable. Perhaps a left hand drive driver's visor would be a solution, but I guess that would be a tad costly!Wink

Lets hope that someone comes up with a d-i-y sticker the same colour as the visor to cover these up!
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 8:29pm
Mine isn't even straight... It drives me nuts
2020 Qashqai 1.3 Dig-T 160 Tekna + DCT.storm white.
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
Kenobi View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 6:52am
sorry i have forgotten to update this thread , i solved my problem by simply covering the warning with a carbon look vinyl. it now looks like part of the car.

Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 8:25am
Good idea, Kenobi. Will have to get some of that......it will go with my sil entry protectors
Tiff
2020 Qashqai 1.3 Dig-T 160 Tekna + DCT.storm white.
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 11:00am
I have a parking permit about that size for my business allocated space.  It's laminated but so I don't forget to display it I double-sided-sticky-taped' it upside down to the driver's visor.  All I have to do then is flip the visor down when I park at work.

Result?

Two annoying visor stickers and I keep forgetting to flip it down anyway Clown LOL.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic