Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Wheels and Tyres
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are wheels interchangeable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are wheels interchangeable
    Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 9:04am
Considering swapping 2012 car for a new one.
Can anyone tell me if the wheels from the previous model will fit onto the new one as I have a perfect set of Alpine A4 winters 215/60R16.
Brian
F1 Bob View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F1 Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 12:37pm
I would guess the answer is yes. I did this with the winter set of alloys from our Juke. The dealer checked it out and said it was ok and did the switch over for us last November and no problems at all.
Tekna 1.5dCi in Nightshade
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 9:13am
If its full wheels then shouldn't be a problem. Pretty sure Nissan use the standard 5x114.3 PCD, so as long as the offset and hubs match you're good to go. But if you're just wondering about switching tyres then you'll need to clarify that they're the same 7x16.
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 4:00pm
The wheel bolts are a different size on the new QQ.
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD.
2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec.2018 1.6dci Tekna 4wd Qashqai gunmetal grey.
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 4:12pm
Thanks for help, dealer has today confirmed they will not fit due to
1) conflict with the brake calipers
2) different pcd and offset

So it seems if I change the car I have to change just about all the extra items --- Winter Wheels -- Tow Bar -- Mats ect
Brian
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 8:33am
Just looking into wheels a bit more and I think the dealer may not have know what he's talking about here.

I'm pretty certain that they wouldn't have changed the PCD on the new QQ from the standard 5x114.3

I also doubt that the dealer would have tried swapping the wheels, so in the interest of sales he's just blanket poo-poo'd the questions.
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 9:11am
I doubt he would have taken that line for two reasons
1-- he knew it could (and did) result in me not going ahead with the deal on a new car
2--he knew I bought previous wheels off ebay and Tyres from Reiken,so he would not get the order for those if I went ahead.

His only profit would be in selling me a new car.

It also seems the new cars use a TPMS with valves inside the wheels that my existing ones do not have, although these are made by Conti and can be obtained now from Germany for about 110 all in
Brian
MikeR View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 10:32am
I agree with cantfindausername here. I believe the PCD on all models 2008 on is 114.3mm. Nissan wouldn't go to the expense of retooling for new hubs when they've been reliable for years!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic