Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > General Specs and Technical Details
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ECO mode - worth the bother?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ECO mode - worth the bother?
    Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 8:22am
Just got back from our West Country adventure - Dorset, Somerset, Devon and Cornwall .

Before we left I had a Gold Valet on the car (needs two more now) .

When they do the inside they tend to press all the buttons they clean and this time put her in ECO mode. Why not I thought. You get a realtime mpg readout in a rather nice Jade green colour. However I don't think it made any difference to the performance or the trip mpg and if anything reduced my overall mpg.

Anyone else tried it?

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 9:28am
In ECO mode, throttle is less responsive and to have equal acceleration to normal ECO off mode, it requires harder push of the throttle. Also, it has influence on shifting ratio of CVT (Transmission Control Module).

TCM Control:
When the ECO mode is ON, driving characteristic is controlled (for decreasing needless acceleration and
deceleration, reducing energy consumption, and fixing to ECO gear shift schedule), so that driving that
improves operational fuel efficiency is assisted.

My personal experience: ECO mode ON makes the car less responsive and increases CVT lag - pull-away performance from stationary. It has very minimal influence on fuel consumption (0.1-0.3 l/100km). I would rather say that it involves kinda "placebo effect" only.

Edited by duncho - 10 Oct 2015 at 9:34am
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 2:07pm
As I thought - thanks - it's off now.

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 8:02pm
It's official - ECO mode off - 250 mile round trip today - Fuel Economy 1 (overall) is up and Fuel Economy 2 hits all time best ....... The dizzy (by 1.2 standards) heights of 46.0
QashqaiCox View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QashqaiCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 8:56pm
How do you turn on / off Eco mode?

Edited by QashqaiCox - 11 Oct 2015 at 8:56pm
2015 Qashqai Tekna, 1.6 DiG-T, Metallic Gun Metal Grey, Side Steps, Front & Rear Skid Plates, Chrome Lower Trim, Chrome Boot Trim, Collecting 26/09/15 😎
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by QashqaiCox QashqaiCox wrote:

How do you turn on / off Eco mode?

Black button below and to the right of the steering wheel - with a few others.
QashqaiCox View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QashqaiCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 6:55pm
Roger that, big man!
2015 Qashqai Tekna, 1.6 DiG-T, Metallic Gun Metal Grey, Side Steps, Front & Rear Skid Plates, Chrome Lower Trim, Chrome Boot Trim, Collecting 26/09/15 😎
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic