Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > General Specs and Technical Details
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Looking to buy QQ+2 Tekna - what to look out for?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking to buy QQ+2 Tekna - what to look out for?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking to buy QQ+2 Tekna - what to look out for?
    Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 3:22pm
Hi all,

I'm hoping to go and view a 2.0dCi +2 Tekna 4WD at the weekend and would like to know if there is a buying guide or something that documents any areas to pay particularly close attention too on the QQ?

I'm happy to watch out for the usual suspects of knocks/clunks/whines/grinds etc, and any residual oil/water/fluid marks around engine/breaks/transmission points and so on. But would like to know if there is anything specific to the QQ that I need to be aware of.

Many thanks
Ant
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:43pm
Hi

What year is it. (The car that is - I know it's 2015)
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:58pm
lol, sorry its a 2011.
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 6:43pm
i would check all dashboard indicators are working. on starting you will have seatbelt indicators check all have solid circle then plug in seatbeats and these should change to black circles. then turn 4wd switch from 2wd to 4wd and indicator on dash should light then turn to lock and again this should display. once you have car get auto mirror kit from acesdvds its brill some members sell off these when changing car. you could also check hatch opens and closes without strange noises

Edited by ..QQ.. - 19 Jan 2015 at 6:44pm
2012 QQ+2 flame red N-tec+ 2.0 petrol, CVT, 4wd mudflaps,auto mirror kit
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 7:05pm
Ok thanks for that. So no mechanical quirks to speak of that are specific to QQ's? Guess these are still pretty new so maybe they're not so widely documented as I'm used to with older cars. Very excited about viewing this car, but need to keep my head and not let excitement overrule sense.

Been working on my mod wish list since last May and the wing mirror kit is quite high up :-)
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 12:59pm
Most of the Qashqai niggles were sorted in the facelift model (which a 2011 would be) so that just leaves general car things. Let us know how it goes.

Edited by G5 BOY - 20 Jan 2015 at 4:25pm
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 2:02pm
Well that certainly sounds like a good thing! I've test driven a couple locally but may take one out nearer the weekend just as a refresher before going to see this one. Fingers crossed for it being as good as it looks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic