Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > General Specs and Technical Details
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New tyres now tracking issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregtaylorpm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New tyres now tracking issue
    Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 3:10pm
Hi all,

I've had 2 new tyres on the front and my tracking is way out now, after 5 attempts at 4 wheel laser alignment the guys at the independent garage say there may be an issue with something else as they can't get it right.

Since the new tyres my steering wheel has to be angled left for me to drive straight, is the toe in/out setup the issue? I.e. They haven't done this?

Thanks
Greg
monkeywba View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeywba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 8:45am
I have the same issue, did you ever find a fix?
balithbe View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balithbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 7:06pm
Me to,had it on all 3 of my Qashqais when I've had tyres replaced.

Need an answer!

Anyone !!
Collabro
57 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Visia Faded Denim
61 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Ntec Magnetic Red
15 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna Storm White
18 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna+ Vivid Blue
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 11:43am
Let me see if I am understanding this...

Your tracking is correct, the car then gets new tyres and the tracking is then off...

The correct tyres? The correct tracking settings, for the car? i.e. not a older model, plus 2 etc?

Is the right wheel going back on the right hand side, left one back on the left side?

If there was an issue then every Qashqai when tyres are changed would be reporting this.

Mainly found at an office chair these days
Trooper View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Trooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 1:21pm
Had new tyres fitted a few weeks ago and had the tracking done, steering wheels where it should beWink
If it aint broke make it go faster.
monkeywba View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeywba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 8:38pm
Finally got men sorted after 6 months of crap, needed new from tyres, wheel alignments was bang on befor tyres were fitted, steering wheel was straight. Fitted new tyres, steering wheel went to the left, took it back to the garage, fitted old tyres back on, steering wheel straight again, garage ordered new tyres again, new tyres fitted for a second time a week later, steering wheel to the left again. Had tracking checked and adjusted several times, no difference. Swooped fronts for rears, steering wheel now to the right buy the same amount, so swopped back as I wanted the most tread on the front. Then got it booked in at 1st dealers, after 5 weeks of attempts to fix, they give up and told me to take it else where. Took to 2nd dealers, they couldn't fault it until I took it out and showed them, they they said it need a new steering rack and collum, nissan warranty wouldn't approve both, told dealers to find out exactly what was broken. Dealers they sad the rack wasn't straight and ordered a new one, new one fitted but steering wheel now off to the right,. Dealers then wouldn't look at for 1 month (busy), took it to a guy I know who works/services/sells wheel alignment machines, took him 1 hour and a few test drives and now it's perfect! Hope this helps any one!
Trooper View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 8:06am
Originally posted by monkeywba monkeywba wrote:

Finally got men sorted after 6 months of crap, needed new from tyres, wheel alignments was bang on befor tyres were fitted, steering wheel was straight. Fitted new tyres, steering wheel went to the left, took it back to the garage, fitted old tyres back on, steering wheel straight again, garage ordered new tyres again, new tyres fitted for a second time a week later, steering wheel to the left again. Had tracking checked and adjusted several times, no difference. Swooped fronts for rears, steering wheel now to the right buy the same amount, so swopped back as I wanted the most tread on the front. Then got it booked in at 1st dealers, after 5 weeks of attempts to fix, they give up and told me to take it else where. Took to 2nd dealers, they couldn't fault it until I took it out and showed them, they they said it need a new steering rack and collum, nissan warranty wouldn't approve both, told dealers to find out exactly what was broken. Dealers they sad the rack wasn't straight and ordered a new one, new one fitted but steering wheel now off to the right,. Dealers then wouldn't look at for 1 month (busy), took it to a guy I know who works/services/sells wheel alignment machines, took him 1 hour and a few test drives and now it's perfect! Hope this helps any one!

Glad you got it sorted, but what did your mate do that was different from all the others to get it right?
If it aint broke make it go faster.
monkeywba View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeywba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 8:16am
I do think that the original steering rack was partially at fault, but I think the bigger problem is that the dealer didn't know how to set the car up correctly, the end of the day the guy I know does this day in day out and only this. I mean the way it had been set up at Nissan was crap and you could see uneven tyre ware on the n/s tyre already, the o/s to in/out was bang on, but the n/s was like 7deg out! Which is stupid! And made the guy laf to be honest! The tyres were 1month old, and would have been bald on one edge in about 5000miles if I hadn't of checked! The other thing I've noticed that befor the wheel alignment was done, the car was wondering in a lane on a straight road, now it's as straight as an arrow!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic