Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Wheels and Tyres
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Puncture prevention

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavrik64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Puncture prevention
    Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 9:23am
Hi,

Anyone have any current experience with puncture prevention solutions (e.g. Ultra Seal)
I used to use (and sell) these when i worked in the bike industry (a long time ago now) and they were a popular prevention. Are these still popular? Anyone use them?
Can't help thinking it must be better than having to use the solution in the boot in the event of a puncture.
i owe, i owe, so off to work i go | 2014 1.6dCi Tekna 4x4 in Pearl Black
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 11:01am
Avoid nails?

That said and without opening a can of worms here about no spare tyre in the boot, each new Nissan and those serviced by Nissan, or under a Cared4 plan come with free RAC membership which in the vent of a puncture will come to you, change the wheel, tyre as required as part of the service.

If the wheel they change is not matching your you go to your dealer who will then swap for a matching wheel.

I think back to the days when we had to carry spare oil, water, a trolley jack a socket set, spanners.....

Times change.
Mainly found at an office chair these days
jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by PR07HET PR07HET wrote:

Avoid nails?
I think back to the days when we had to carry spare oil, water, a trolley jack a socket set, spanners.....

Times change.
In my early days of driving you could add to your list. Fan belt, points, condenser, spark plug, penetrating and engine oil plus bulbs etc. The only consolation was, rattles in the cars could never be heard with all the stuff banging and rolling around in the boot
New Qashqai 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White.Chrome front lip finisher,Chrome Side Sills, Chrome Glass Finisher,Chrome Lower Trunk Finisher,White Side Mouldings,WhiteAlloyGaytors,Cross Over Pack,Deflectors
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 1:05pm
Yeah a fan belt... Or a female willing to offer up her tights
2020 Qashqai 1.3 Dig-T 160 Tekna + DCT.storm white.
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Tiffany Tiffany wrote:

Yeah a fan belt... Or a female willing to offer up her tights
Tights ?? No it was stockings they offered in my days
New Qashqai 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White.Chrome front lip finisher,Chrome Side Sills, Chrome Glass Finisher,Chrome Lower Trunk Finisher,White Side Mouldings,WhiteAlloyGaytors,Cross Over Pack,Deflectors
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 1:19pm
In your day it was gravy browning and an eyebrow pencil ,fun but not practical erm hmmmm. Maybe..
2020 Qashqai 1.3 Dig-T 160 Tekna + DCT.storm white.
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Tiffany Tiffany wrote:

In your day it was gravy browning and an eyebrow pencil ,fun but not practical erm hmmmm. Maybe..
Cheeky Monkey I am not that old, but I do reminisce over my wife's mini skirts riding high in the front seat in the days of stockings.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014 at 4:57pm
TBH, if I was  still fit & able I''d still rather have a spare, jack, tools & oil/water etc in the car & do stuff myself than wait for the RAC
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic