Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > General Specs and Technical Details
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

QQ2 Tekna spare wheel with bose fitting steps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote famousfive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QQ2 Tekna spare wheel with bose fitting steps
    Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 6:33pm
Hi all,

after getting a puncture, I borrowed a friends space saver wheel (from their QQ2 360) as my Tekna only comes with the goo repair kit (which I've got a deep mistrust of).

After getting the tyre fixed I decided to quickly document whether its possible to retrofit the space saver wheel with the Bose Sub and below are the results.

1.  QQ2 Tekna boot. Spare wheel makes way for Bose sub and puncture repair kit
Tekna boot with bose sub

2. First disconnect the lead to the Sub- just press down with screwdriver and carefully remove
Sub removed

3. Lift out sub's polystyrene holder(shown placed next to space saver tyre)

4. Spare Tyre Details and spec: T135/90 R17 104M
Spare Tyre

5. Place Spare into empty slot
spare in boot

6. Place sub back on top of tyre and secure with locking nut

7. Clearance when seats folded back down

8. Cover put back that gives more protection to the sub

9. Job complete - I will be buying one!

I know its a straight forward report but thought it might be useful for any other Tekna owner thinking of buying a spare.
anth View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 6:28pm
Hopefully there's space for one in the new Qq... No subwoofer though.
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 6:33pm
Just out of interest I called into my local tyre shop to see if a full size spare would fit in the new QQ!!
Well...it would but you lose the underfloor space (the new style where the top boards come off) hence losing boot capacity space.
Asked about spacesaver but they are like hens teeth unless bought from a Nissan dealer.

Edited by sandman - 24 Feb 2014 at 6:34pm
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD.
2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec.2018 1.6dci Tekna 4wd Qashqai gunmetal grey.
anth View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 7:18pm
Shame that.... I really don't fancy having to use the gunk... The space saver has saved me twice in the last few years.
covpal View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote covpal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 8:11pm
I have a 2011 Tekna model and am due to change my car hopefully picking up a new 2014 model in April.

Am I reading this correctly that the tyre in my current car will fit in the new car?

Also will the Brace fit the new car?

Thanks 

Tina 
Ordered 1.5 Dci Tekna Pearl Black, 26 August 2010, expected delivery January 28 2011, hopefully collecting the 7 March 2011.... New 2014 1.5 Dci ordered Storm White expected collection 10 March 2014:)
paulyoung666 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulyoung666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 8:56pm
The only time I used the gunk it didn't work and the tyre fire got really pissed because I forgot to tell him I had used it, plus it ruins tyres so try and avoid using it on a tyre with good tread or you will be buying a new one!!!
Ink Blue 2016 Tekna 1.5dci , loving it
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 12:15am
Originally posted by covpal covpal wrote:

I have a 2011 Tekna model and am due to change my car hopefully picking up a new 2014 model in April.

Am I reading this correctly that the tyre in my current car will fit in the new car?

Also will the Brace fit the new car?

Thanks 

Tina 

Dont take this as read but I'm sure I've read a few times that the wheels on the 2014 model have different size studs & a different stud pattern, but I'd gladly be proved wrong.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Pepsi Max View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepsi Max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 9:50pm
According to the part numbers from my Nissan dealer the spare wheel, tyre and jack are identical. The wheel bolts are smaller (have to remove the chrome cap so you need the right size wheel brace..
2014 Qashqai Premium Limited Edition #814
Timmylish View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmylish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 2:28am
Don,t know who told you the gunk ruins tyres. According to the company I,ve used for years the gunk, for all its faults, actually strength the average tyre. I had cause to use mine 18,000 kms. ago without incident, damage, rumblings, loss of wheel balance etc etc.
Proud new owner of Red Fusion QQ, 1,5 dCI Tekna Sport (110 CV) (Different spec. here on Tenerife!)with so many bells and whistles I may need a lot of help in finding answers to a lot of questions!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic